Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Name Is Eugene...

Oh my God... I found some real crap from the past tonight.



"Eugene" by Crazy Joe and the Variable Speed Band

Back in the 80s, when I was in high school, I listened to morning radio and this song was played all the time.  I don't think I've heard it since those days, but I was reminded of it tonight.  I went looking for it and sure enough, I found it.  It's not as funny as I remember it... It's basically a song about a loser who keeps trying to pick up chicks.  It was kind of an underground hit back in the day.  Red Peters does a funnier song called "Pullin' It All Night Long".


This is just a clip of his hit song...

Still, I'm pretty excited, since it's been awhile since I last curated some genuine crap from the past for this blog.  Now I have fresh hope.  Gonna have to keep looking for stuff nobody remembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.