Friday, September 9, 2016

Hotel California... on the harp!

A Facebook friend shared this today...


Camille and Kennerly Kitt, aka Harp Twins, play "Hotel California" on harps...  they do a pretty good job of it, though they don't quite get it exactly right.

I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.  I love kitschy and weird acts.  I guess that's one reason why I enjoy audition weeks on America's Got Talent.  On the other hand, I wonder how long it'll take before YouTube yanks this video because it's a song by the Eagles.  Don Henley and company are notoriously shitty about their intellectual property rights.  It's been up for two years already, though... so who knows?


Here's their dreamy take on Aerosmith's "Dream On"...  


And "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics...

This kind of reminds me of those CDs full of rock songs turned into lullabies that were popular ten years ago.  You could almost go to sleep listening to these ethereal arrangements of old favorites... or at least relax.  And they have plenty more to choose from on their YouTube channel.  I'm happy to give them a shout out on my blog.  Not only do they play beautifully, but they also look gorgeous and shoot their videos in magical locations.  Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. The haros the twins are playing look a bit like Ress haors, I wonder if the are, as if they are, my mother knows the maker.

    I like the song and they didn't totally ruin it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.