Tuesday, February 14, 2017

RIP Al Jarreau...

I'm a little slow on the draw expressing my sadness about jazz great Al Jarreau's death the other day.  I wasn't feeling like writing yesterday.  I'm still getting over last week's disease and was feeling kind of upset that my husband's mom can't visit this weekend because she got injured.

Anyway...  I own just one album by the late Mr. Jarreau.  It's a greatest hits collection.  I actually really like it a lot and used to listen to it frequently, which makes me think I should have explored more of his music when he was still living.  I knew Al Jarreau for his hit songs "Morning", "We're In This Love Together", and of course the theme to Moonlighting, which was an 80s show I never watched.


But... this is the kind of music that really impressed me the most!


Here he takes on Elton John's classic, "Your Song".

I read that Al Jarreau had been experiencing exhaustion lately and that had led to his decision to retire from music.  I'm not sure what the whole story is, but I do know the world lost a wonderful singer two days ago.  I was genuinely sad to read the news, which in my case was broken by Carole King on Facebook.  Rest in peace, Al... I hope you're scatting away with the angels above.



And one more for the road...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.