Thursday, August 22, 2019

Til Tuesday...

Yesterday, I was suddenly reminded of an 80s era American new wave band I hadn't thought about in years.  I'm talking about 'Til Tuesday, fronted by Aimee Mann.  I think it was because "Voices Carry", a song about infidelity and hiding it, was featured on SingSnap yesterday.


Wow... this brings back memories...

As I listened to this old song from the middle of my adolescence, I was reminded of another one they did that I liked even more.


Aimee Mann was quite the sexpot in the 80s.

I'll admit I didn't pay a lot of attention to this Boston based new wave band when they were popular, but their music takes me back to high school every time.  High school wasn't a horrible time for me, but I've had better years.  I still like the music, though.  It makes me feel young.

Interesting that I'd think of them 30 years after they broke up...  I still think their songs sound great, even today.  Some bands age better than others.  Aimee Mann is now a solo artist.  I need to check out more of her work.  Hell, I didn't even know she grew up in Chesterfield County in Virginia, winding up in Boston because she briefly attended Berklee College of Music.  She's supposedly one of the best songwriters around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.