Wednesday, June 26, 2019

World Party...

I became aware of two more gems from the past today.  I don't know how in the world I missed these songs... or any others by World Party.


"Ship of Fools" from 1987.  How in the world did I miss this song in 1987?  It's awesome!

Someone in the Welcome Back!  The Pop Culture Time Machine Facebook group shared it, wondering if World Party ever had any other hits.  I went looking on SingSnap and found the song below, "Is It Like Today".  A quick look on Amazon reveals a number of albums they've released over the years, all of which I was completely unaware existed.  Cool videos, too!


"Is it Like This Today"...  damn, this band should have gotten more airplay.

I may have to make some purchases on Amazon today.  I need to explore this band more.  For now, I know World Party is a British alternative group, which is essentially the solo project of its sole member, Karl Wallinger, who started the band in 1986 after he left The Waterboys.  I had heard of The Waterboys... don't know how I missed this.

Wallinger sings and plays most of the instruments by himself, although he has collaborated with other musicians.  Looks like he's still around, too, even though there's been nothing new since the end of the band's 2015 tour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.