Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I didn't know Bryan Adams did disco...

This morning, I just became aware of this "gem" from 1978, "Let Me Take You Dancing".


Yes, THAT Bryan Adams... from Canada.

It sounds like he's been inhaling helium.  Adams was just 18 when this was released.  It had some "mild" success on the radio and was eventually remixed to make it sound more "disco" so it might get some airplay in the United States.

I swear, before this morning, I'd never heard this song before.  I don't know that I need to hear it again, although I can practically picture someone prancing around to this number.  John Luongo remixed this song using 1978 technology.  He made the tempo faster, but that also changed Adams' vocals so that they sounded higher.  No wonder it sounds like he sucked on a helium tank.

I fully expect this video will eventually disappear, because Bryan Adams apparently wants to forget it was ever recorded.  It hasn't appeared on any of his albums, other than the original vinyl back in the 70s.  He doesn't perform it live anymore.  And every time someone uploads it, it gets blocked by Web Sheriff... or so it used to be.  I see this video has been up for over six months now.

I can see why Adams wants to forget about it... My witty friend, Joann, says it sounds like a song even Leif Garrett would reject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.