Monday, September 16, 2019

RIP Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek...

They say bad things happen in threes.  Who is the next rock star to die?

Eddie Money died on September 13th after having just revealed that he had esophageal cancer.  Ric Ocasek, of The Cars, died yesterday, after having been found in his Manhattan apartment.  Money was 70 and Ocasek was 75.  They lived normal life spans, but they provided the music of my youth.  It makes me sad that they're gone.


This was a favorite back in the day...


And so was this... it always reminds me of roller skating.

I'd write more, but I'm in a shitty mood today and don't want to spread the wealth...  I just didn't want to let these two deaths go unacknowledged.  I probably appreciated Ric Ocasek more than Eddie Money, but both of these dudes made music that makes me smile.  Rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.