Monday, January 14, 2013

Dog Eat Dog...

Welcome to Monday, another week here on planet Earth.  My husband and I had kind of exciting weekend.  We got ourselves a new hound.  He came from a beagle rescue, but actually looks more like a blue tick coonhound miniaturized.  We named him Arran, after a beautiful island in Scotland that we visited in November.

All this dog stuff made me think about doggie songs...


Of course, there's the ever popular "Walking The Dog" by Rufus Thomas...  This song always reminds me of 7th Heaven, because it was used on an episode starring Ashlee Simpson.  It's sort of an innocuous song for Monday, don't you think?


What rock and roll lover doesn't love "Dog Eat Dog" by AC/DC?  This song provides a much needed jolt to the system on a Monday morning...  Actually, I don't think I've had enough coffee for this one yet.


"Hound Dog" was originally a Big Mama Thornton" song, but Elvis had a huge hit with it too...



"Perfect Love... Gone Wrong" is probably the most appropriate song under the circumstances... perhaps from our other dog Zane's perspective, anyway.  Actually Zane seems to like Arran, but I could tell he was a little worried we'd replaced him.  There's no replacing any of our beloved dogs.  They're all special.

Arran likes my husband and me just fine and I think he's found his forever home.

2 comments:

  1. My brother used to like the song "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo." He was perhaps the only person who liked the song other than the author and/or composer, whoever the hell he or they might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... I forgot all about that song. I guess there's a reason for that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.