Saturday, May 4, 2013

Billy "Crash" Craddock...

I have to admit I had never heard of this Greensboro, NC born country/rockabilly performer until I happened to see an ad on TV pitching a "not sold in stores" album for him.  The collection was of the greatest hits ilk and I remember one song in particular...  It was called "Rub It In".



It's kind of a suggestive song from 1974.  I'm guessing it was really about rubbing suntan lotion on your woman, lying in the sand, and listening to the radio while you brown under the sun.  But it could also be a metaphor for other things... And I do remember someone used it as a jingle at some point.

This morning, I was looking SingSnap's featured songs and there was one by Billy "Crash" Craddock (the Crash comes from his status as a high school football player).  I hadn't thought of him in years, so I looked him up to see if I remembered any songs besides "Rub It In"...  I don't.

Today's featured song, by the way, is "Dream Lover"....



He covered it.  It was originally done by Bobby Darin.  I like James Taylor's cover better.  He did his with the Manhattan Transfer.


The Manhattan Transfer is also responsible for the early 80s hit, "Boy From New York City"...


Sweet flashback to elementary school.  It was a catchy song, though.  I totally deviated from the main point of this post, which would have worked out better if I could have found that lame album Billy "Crash" Craddock was selling on TV back in the 80s.  Oh well.

Got vacation on the brain.  I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.