Thursday, May 23, 2013

Street musicians...

If you've been reading my other blogs, you know that I just came home after a lengthy vacation in Italy and Greece.  Our vacation was pretty musical, actually.  When we were in Florence, we ran across a street musician playing guitar.  Somehow, his guitar playing touched my heart and I ended up getting very emotional.  The musician's name is Piotr Tomaszewski and though he hails from Poland, he has really mastered the beauty of Latin style guitar.

We bought the two CDs he was selling and I listened to them last night... and I am so glad we bought those discs because my initial weepy reaction to Tomaszewski's music was on point.







Last year, my husband and I were in Salzburg, Austria and ran into the Don Kosaken Chor, who were singing down by the cathedral.  Their music is sacred and classical, but it still made me cry.  I bought one of their discs, too...


There have been other street musicians who have touched me, but it's only been recently that I've started buying CDs when I get touched on the heart through my ears.  I learned my lesson when we were in Barcelona and ran across a hilarious band who sang a hilarious song about wanting to hire a prostitute but only having enough money to buy a cup of coffee.  They had CDs available, but I didn't buy one and later really regretted it.

Aside from street musicians, I also spent a lot of time hanging out in the piano bar on SeaDream I, singing along with George the pianist... even though I got sick with a cold and lost my voice.  The power of music is strong... what can I say?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.