Thursday, June 27, 2013

Love Me Like A Man...

I am also a big Bonnie Raitt fan...


This is "Love Me Like A Man", which is a bluesy, ass kicker of a song...  Watching this video makes me wish I could play guitar.  Maybe it's time I learned.

In any case, this is my version, which is more like the album version than Bonnie's live rendition.  I usually sing this song drunk, but I was pretty sober when I did this recording.



The video is again photos from Europe.  They have nothing to do with the music.

Yesterday, I also did some experimenting with Audacity, which is an open source music editing software program.  I was using it because I had an instrumental recording of the song "Bill" from Showboat.  It was in a key I was capable of doing, but a little higher than I really wanted to sing it in.  I was able to easily lower the key in Audacity.  It turned out relatively well, though I could probably do it better if the recording was better.  For some reason, changing the key seemed to distort it a bit.


I didn't put this on YouTube because it's kind of personal.  Yes, the photos are of "my Bill".

I think I like recording with Garage Band better than Audacity, though Audacity seems to be somewhat easier to figure out and use.  What I like about Garage Band is that the interface is more professional looking and the mic amplifies with it.  Also, I don't have to download as many plug-ins with Garage Band.

This is turning into a fun hobby.  I like to sing for myself and Bill... and for anyone else who happens to enjoy what I'm doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.