Friday, September 13, 2013

Paul Weller...

I was introduced to sexy Paul Weller's music in the mid 1990s, when a friend from Northern Ireland sent me a mix tape with a couple of his songs on it.  I liked his music so much I told my friend, who made me another tape with just Weller's music.

Years later, I bought a Paul Weller CD and practically wore it out.  Paul Weller has a very soulful voice  and has done some great songs.


"You Do Something To Me"

This song is liable to put you in the mood... I had a great time singing it today.  As much as I like this song, though, I think I like a couple of his others even better.


"Wild Wood"

This song has sort of a hypnotic rhythm and moody lyrics, mixed with a sensual melody.



"Broken Stones"

This is probably my favorite Weller song... of course, right now it reminds me of broken teeth...




I had some fun with Paul Weller today...  Actually, listening to these songs makes me wish I was going to Scotland again or even England...  I've about had it with the States.



2 comments:

  1. Massive Weller fan and The Jam. Wild Wood is one of my favourite songs. As is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1olDe__M8Yw

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.