Monday, April 21, 2014

Was reminded of this classic hit this morning...




"Magnet and Steel" is a classic hit by Walter Egan…

I well remember when this song was popular, back in 1978.  Walter Egan had just one really big hit and this was it.  Stevie Nicks was one of the backup singers and, if I'm not mistaken, she was also dating Egan at the time.  "Magnet and Steel" had a sexiness about it, as well as sort of a 50s sound.  I like it because it reminds me of the late 70s, when I had no responsibilities and was pretty innocent about the world.  Also, I just like stuff from that era.  I'd much rather listen to 40 year old hits than recent hits.

  

For some reason, "Magnet and Steel" reminds me of this old song, too… from about the same time.

Whatever happened to romantic duets by people who can sing?  Just kidding.  I'm becoming an old fart and I need to get a life.  

I'm sure these folks are still floating around out there in the big world…  Kind of like Stacey Q.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.