Wednesday, May 27, 2015

America...

Over the past couple of days, I've been listening to songs by America.  America was formed in 1970 by a trio of musicians: Dewey Bunnell, Dan Peek, and Gerry Beckley.  They met in London and were popular for their light folk sound and tight harmonies, which was a well-liked style at the time.  Peek stayed with the band until 1977, then left amicably when the band's fortunes began to dwindle.  He died in 2011.

America still tours today and I still enjoy their music very much, even though they haven't had a "hit" since 1982.  1982 was also the year The Last Unicorn was released and America was responsible for its magical soundtrack.  I bought that soundtrack in 1999 when I was broke because I loved the music... it's a German import.  Apparently, it was more popular here in Germany than it was in the United States.


America's song, "Tin Man"...


"Horse With No Name"...



"Ventura Highway"...


"Sister Golden Hair"


"I Need You"...


An updated version of "The Last Unicorn"...

It's so nice to listen to America in Germany.  I miss these kinds of bands with really tight harmonies and acoustic instruments.  I'm getting to be such an old hag.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.