Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Just when I needed you most...

I was reminded of the late singer-songwriter Randy Van Warmer yesterday as I was messing around on Sing Snap.  I decided to sing his hit song from 1979, "Just When I Needed You Most".



It turned out alright...


Randy Van Warmer had a look for radio...



Tim McGraw sang it...


So did Dolly Parton...

Randy Van Warmer died young.  He had leukemia and passed away in 2004 at age 49.  But in his short life, he wrote a number of songs made popular by others.  One I can think of off the top of my head is "I'm In A Hurry And Don't Know Why" made popular by Alabama.


This was a big hit in the early 1990s...



Here's Randy singing "Call Me"... his voice reminds me of Christopher Cross's.

I might have to explore more of Randy Van Warmer's work.  He was a poetic songwriter who died much too young.  I think he deserves more attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.