Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fly Robin Fly

For some reason, this song is stuck in my head this morning.


Nothing like a little disco from 1975 in the morning...  On another note, these women need a new choreographer.

Fly Robin Fly by Silver Convention is certainly a catchy tune.  Some might even say it's uplifting with its lilting strings, striking bass, and thudding percussion.  Based on the video, I'm wondering if this dance was something done at clubs.  It looks a little like the "Electric Slide".


Here's another mindlessly catchy number by the same group... more heavy bass, percussion, and strings.

These songs are definitely not for mental giants.  On the positive side, at least it's hard to forget the words, right?  Maybe these songs are mostly instrumental because Silver Convention was a German Euro disco band.


This song is flat out idiotic.  At least they don't have camel toes in the video.  They seem to be channeling ABBA a little.

Based on YouTube, I can see that these ladies had a career that endured awhile.  I read they were considered "new and fresh" in the 70s.  I dunno.  I was new and fresh myself in the 70s.  I do think this is one group whose music wears thin after about ten minutes, though.  I'm going to be singing this shit all day.


Horrible song by one of the girls... AAAAGGGGGHHHH!  And check out the moronic dance moves... especially from the chick in plaid.  Gadzooks!




4 comments:

  1. people dressedin such an androgynous manner then that I had to check for boobs to know for sure that it was not ladies bumping other ladies (which would be perfectly ok if such were their inclinations).i'd never heard this song before. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you enjoy the screaming on the chorus?

      Delete
  2. The screaming, while ear-splitting, was the high point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly non-sensical. That song was an actual hit. Thankfully, I'm too young to remember it.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.