Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Boy!

Here's a song I haven't thought about in many years...


Goofy song by The Beat Farmers called "Happy Boy"...

I used to hear this song on morning radio before school.  I think it's about 30 years old.  The Beat Farmers have a style that is known as "cowboy punk".  When I listen to this song, I can certainly hear why it would be called that.

The lead singer is the late Country Dick Montana, who died with his boots on in November1995 when he had a heart attack while performing a song called "The Girl I Almost Married" on stage.  Country Dick Montana was well known for his quirky vocals, drumming, and guitar playing.  He was just 40 years old at the time of his death.  Three days after his untimely death, The Beat Farmers broke up.  

I am sad to say I am not very familiar with this band.  I probably ought to acquaint myself with them, since "Happy Boy" never ceases to crack me up.  I love goofy, offbeat bands.  The Beat Farmers came out of California in the early 80s, which definitely means their music is crap from the past.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.