Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Cutting Crew...

Today's blog post comes courtesy of random singing I was doing last night over dinner.  For some reason, I was reminded of Cutting Crew, an English band from the mid 80s that had some success when I was in high school.  This was the song I was singing.


This is a live recording from 2007, but "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" was by far their biggest hit.  I liked this song fine when it first came out, but quickly got sick of it.


For some reason, I liked this song better... but then, I was about 15 at the time.  "I've Been In Love Before" might have appealed because it wasn't as popular.  This was the follow up single in the UK, but in America, they followed up with this...


Supposedly, it wasn't as big of a hit...  I can believe that, since I don't remember this song at all.

To my middle aged ears, Cutting Crew doesn't sound too bad at all.  I'm surprised I didn't like them more.  I never bought their album, though, mainly because I distinctly remember getting tired of "I Just Died In Your Arms" when it was popular.  I also never liked the title much.  Singer and songwriter Nick Van Eede has been with the band since the beginning and, in fact, appears to be the only original band member left.  I'm not sure how popular this band is today, but it's still existing...  they even have an official Web site.  God, I miss the 80s.


"Everything But My Pride".... a 1989 release.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.