Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've been to paradise...




I heard this song yesterday on a Desperate Housewives rerun.  I think it's a very corny song, but I have to admit to relating to the music.  If you've ever seen my other blog, The Overeducated Housewife, you understand why.

Actually, I understand this song from both sides.  I am myself childless, a singer, and a world traveler.  I am also a housewife, a role that often leaves me feeling lonely, unfulfilled, and bored out of my mind.

That being said, this song is still cheesy.  It's so cheesy it ought to be in the Kraft Hall of Fame.

2 comments:

  1. My mom said she was something like fifteen when this song was a hit, and she remembers making fun of it along with her friends every time it came on the radio, which was a lot in the height of its popularity. She says she especially remembers wondering just what it was that the protagonist saw that a woman "ain't s'posed to see."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst thing is when someone does this at karaoke and tries to do that speech Charlene does... It's a damn shame.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.