Saturday, June 16, 2012

80s extravaganza...

The other night, I really got in the mood for music of the 80s...  I started posting videos like crazy.


"One Night In Bangkok" was sung by Murray Head and written by Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus, and Tim Rice...  Listening to this song, I totally hear the ABBA sound...


After I listened to that, I had to turn on Taco's "Puttin' On The Ritz"... 80s music was so much campier than the music of today...


Then I switched to the Pet Shop Boys.  These guys were very popular when I was a teen.  This song in particular is pretty cool, since it's all about the fall of communism.  When I lived in Armenia, the local radio station used to play this song during the news.


And there's always ABC's "The Look of Love", complete with cheesy, kitschy video...

How I miss the 80s, even if I wouldn't choose to live through that decade in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.