Monday, June 25, 2012

What is it with Journey, anyway?

Having grown up in the 70s and 80s, I listened to a lot of Journey songs.  No doubt about it, they were a great band.  Steve Perry has been emulated quite impressively, but he's still the star singer of that ensemble.

Now, about 30 years later, Journey's popping up everywhere, from commercials to sit-coms to feature films...


"Don't Stop Believin'" seems to be the most often used song.  Indeed, it's one of their best...


I recently heard this song used too... "Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin"

And this one... "Lights"


I was always a fan of


"Separate Ways", of course...

But I also loved Journey's ballads...


"Open Arms"

and

"Faithfully"


And "Who's Crying Now" is probably my favorite Journey song of all time...



*Sigh* I miss the 80s... I miss the music, anyway.  But it's kind of funny to hear those old songs being used again so many years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.