Sunday, June 23, 2013

Awkward SingSnap encounters!

Something funny happened the other day.  I recorded a few songs on SingSnap.com that turned out relatively well.  After a couple of hours, I got a few comments from a guy in Pennsylvania who said he really liked my voice.  He sent me a private message asking if I would sing a duet with him.

The first song he suggested was "After All" by Peter Cetera and Cher.  I don't really know that song very well, mainly because I'm not a big fan of Cher's singing voice (even if she is Armenian).  I wrote back that I would have to learn the song.


So then he wrote back and asked if I'd sing "Golden Ring" with him.  That's a song by George Jones and Tammy Wynette.  I wasn't familiar with it, but it turned out to be easy to learn... So I learned it..


And it actually turned out somewhat decently.  The guy has a pretty decent voice.  It reminds me more of Kenny Rogers' voice than George Jones's, so I suggested the song "Every Time Two Fools Collide" by Kenny Rogers and Dottie West.


He had to learn that song and didn't quite get it right.  He wanted to do it in a higher key, for some reason.  Anyway, I thanked him for the duet and he immediately offered to redo it.  I said it was fine and there was no reason to redo it unless he really wanted to...

And then he writes back and asks...  "May I ask, are you broken hearted from a break up?"

I wrote back and said I was happily married.  Some hours later, he wrote back and said he was, too...

What the hell was that all about?  Awkward!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.