Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Debbie Gibson...

If you were a teen in the 1980s, like I was, you have heard a lot about Debbie Gibson.  Back in those days, she wrote a lot of cutesy dance hits.  She was kind of the Taylor Swift of my generation, though I don't think her career was quite as successful as Taylor Swift's.  For some reason, I started thinking about her this morning.  I ran across several interviews she did back in the day.


I remember this so well...


Jeez... I hear she goes by Deborah Gibson now.  

I actually have some respect for Gibson.  She writes her own music and sings.  I hear she even has perfect pitch!  But sometime after the 90s, she kind of faded into oblivion.  Last I heard, she was working on Broadway, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at.


She comes across as pretty down to earth...

In the 80s, there was a lot of competition between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson.  Tiffany was famous for having a big voice and doing covers of songs she turned into dance music.  I was never really into dance music, even when I was a teen.  For that reason, I never purchased an album by either Tiffany or Debbie Gibson.  I do remember the music well, though...  And if I had to choose, I think I'd choose Debbie over Tiffany.  

Gawd, I feel so old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.